Text from ad:
The Schoolcraft Conservation District (CD)
is seeking a District Manager for our office.
We offer 28 hours per week at $12/hour, with
the potential to reach 40 hours/week and/or an
increased hourly wage.
Successful applicants should possess the
• Excellent organizational, management, public
presentation, and written communication skills
• Be a self-starter, with the ability to work
independently towards identifying increased
funding opportunities for the District. Must be able
to work effectively with groups and individuals.
• Is prompt reporting to work and appointments
• Have experience with Microsoft applications,
email, internet, and finance software (e.g.
• Currently holds and will maintain a valid driver’s
Duties will include:
• Office Management - a broad range of general
office responsibilities including the maintenance of
district records and reports, and greeting walk-in
• Education and Outreach - public relations work:
preparing news releases, speaking to groups,
presenting to the County Board of Commissioners,
overseeing the CD web site, and developing
workshops and programs.
• Conservation Programs and Projects -
coordinating, managing, and participating in District
programs, with some field work. Investigating CD
funding opportunities and growing the funded
work efforts involving the District. This will include
being trained for and undertaking the duties
of the permitting process for Soil Erosion and
Sedimentation Control in the County.
Please send resume to:
Schoolcraft Conservation District
300 Walnut Street, Room 216
Manistique, MI 49854
Applications must be received
by : December 22, 2014.
Questions may be emailed to:
DISTRICT MANAGER SOUGHT