Citizen’s council will meet in Manistique next week
MANISTIQUE – The Department of Natural Resources’ Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council will meet June 19 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the Manistique Community Building, located at 190 N. Maple St. in Manistique.
• Agenda items will include:
• DNR division reports by staff
• U.P. Deer Advisory Team update
• Chronic wasting disease subcommittee report
• Presentation on white-nose syndrome and bats
• Overview of Shipboard Education Program partnership in Marquette
• Public comment (for public comment instructions, see www.michigan.gov/upcac)
The Eastern Upper Peninsula and Western Upper Peninsula CACs are designed to advise the DNR on regional programs and policies, identify areas in which the department can be more effective and responsive, and offer insight and guidance from members’ own experiences and constituencies.
The council members represent a wide variety of natural resource and recreation stakeholders and interest groups. Agenda items are set by the council members and council recommendations are forwarded to the DNR for consideration.
CAC meetings are open to the public. Anyone interested in being a future CAC member should fill out the nomination form at www.michigan.gov/upcac. For more information, (906) 228-6561.