M-TEC offering leadership skill 1-day workshop
ESCANABA – The M-TEC at Bay College is offering the Leadership Challenge Workshop on Feb. 27, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Based on the bestselling book, “The Leadership Challenge”, authored by Barry Posner and Jim Kouzes, this one day workshop introduces a belief system that provides a foundation for practical leadership skills and the specific tools and techniques used by today’s top leaders.
Through experiential activities, participants will focus on three of the five key leadership practices:
“Modeling the Way”:
• Clarify values by finding your voice and affirming shared ideas.
• Set the example by aligning actions with shared values.
Inspire a Shared Vision:
• Envision the future by imagining exciting and enabling possibilities.
• Enlist others in a common vision by appealing to shared aspirations.
“Challenge the Process”:
• Search for opportunities by seeking innovative ways to change, grow and improve.
• Experiment and take risks by constantly generating small wins and learning from mistakes.
Upon completion, participants will be better able to identify their leadership strengths and areas for improvement, communicate fundamental values and beliefs, focus people’s efforts on key values through their actions, plus more.
Foxwood Associates Advisor, Jeff Welcher, will lead the workshop. Jeff has a strong background in all areas of business and is passionate about leadership and improving performance along with the professional development of personnel.
Prior to attending the workshop, enrolled participants will be asked to complete a 360 feedback exercise. To ensure delivery and completion of the pre-workshop exercise, workshop registration deadline is set for Feb. 6. Total cost to attend the full day workshop is $299 and includes all workshop material, refreshments, and a light lunch.
To register, contact the M-TEC at (906) 217.4200. Further workshop details can be found online at www.baycollege.edu/ mtec. Click on the Upcoming Courses tab and select the date of Feb. 6 or Feb. 27.