In search of history
The Schoolcraft County Historical Society is seeking help in recording the county’s history by donating or lending photographs or artifacts from the past.
Activities of interest include:
• Past races on Indian Lake, including waterskiing and hydroplane boats
• Snow skiing at the Thunder Bowl and at the Tannery ski jump
• Ice skating at the rink near the quarry or Pickle Pond
• Farm scenes
• Pictures of the west side of town
• Car ferry
• Train depot
• Early camping scenes from around the area
Other ideas for pictures are welcomed. Also, the society is seeking pictures of the bear drinking soda at the Big Spring.
Any photographs can be dropped off at the Pioneer Tribune office during regular business hours. Look for the box marked Schoolcraft County Historical Society.
For further information, call (906) 644-2385 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.